What is Pressure Safety Valve Definition?
- A safety vlave is a type of relief valve or pressure relief valve(PRV) used to control or limit the pressure in a system; pressure might otherwise build up and create a process upset, instrument or equipment failure, or fire.
- The safety valve is a special valve whose opening and closing parts are normally closed under the action of external force. When the medium pressure in the equipment or pipeline rises above the specified value, the medium pressure in the pipe or equipment is prevented from exceeding the specified value by discharging the medium outside the system .
So what’s the purpose and function of safety valvs?
- The primary purpose of a safety valve is the protection of life, property and environment. A safety valve is designed to open and relieve excess pressure from vessels or equipment and to reclose and prevent the further release of fluid after normal conditions have been restored.
- A safety valve is a safety device and in many cases the last line of defence. It is important to ensure that the safety valve is capable to operate at all times and under all circumstances. A safety valve is not a process valve or pressure regulator and should not be misused as such. It should have to operate for one purpose only: overpressure protection.
- Safety valves belong to the category of automatic valves, which are mainly used in boilers, pressure vessels and pipelines. The control pressure does not exceed the specified value, which plays an important role in protecting personal safety and equipment operation. Note they must be pressure tested before they can be used.
COVNA provide superior quality valves, industrial safety relief valves, flanged safety relief valves, industrial safety valves, flanged safety valves that are specially designed to offer high durability and optimum performance. Using materials like aluminum, cast iron and stainless steel trim these valves are made to high resistance to temperature and corrosion.
Functionally different valves like Safety Valve, Safety Relief Valve, Pressure Reducing Valves, Breather Valves, Globe & Ball Valves, Pipeline Specialty Valves, Flush Bottom Valves and Float Valves are available with us.
Tags: Safety Valve
--- END ---