Normally Closed and Normally Open Solenoid ValveBlog,Valves Study | Jul.16.2020
COVNA’s comprehensive selection of solenoid valves includes a broad range of types and configurations for all manner of applications across many industrial markets. We can supply a superior array of solenoid valve solutions, covering a wide selection of function and material types. Our solenoid valve family of products offers countless benefits, including peerless reliability, compact and lightweight space-saving options, exceptional flow control, high pressure capabilities, and an excellent return on investment.
1. Solenoid valve is one of the most commonly used industrial valves and can be used in many industries such as energy, water treatment, environmental protection, food processing and so on. The solenoid valve is suitable for fluids such as liquid, gas, oil, steam, etc., because the time required for each fluid is different, the solenoid valve is divided into a normally open type and a normally closed type, this time I will take you to understand Normally open solenoid valve:
- When the pipeline needs to be opened for a long time, and the duration is longer than the closing time, the normally open solenoid valve should be selected;
- If the opening time of the pipeline is short or the opening and closing time is not too much, the normally closed solenoid valve is used;
- In some working conditions for safety protection, such as furnace, kiln flame detection, etc., normally open solenoid valves cannot be used, and long-term energization type should be used.
2. There is a closed cavity in the normally open solenoid valve, with through holes in different positions, each hole leads to a different oil pipe, the middle of the cavity is a valve, two electromagnets on both sides, and the magnet coil on which side is energized to the valve body Will be attracted to where.
By controlling the movement of the valve body to block or leak different oil discharge holes, and the oil inlet hole is normally open, hydraulic oil will enter different oil discharge pipes, and then the piston of the oil cylinder is pushed by the pressure of the oil, and the piston drives The piston rod drives the mechanical device. In this way, the mechanical movement is controlled by controlling the current of the electromagnet. The characteristic of the normally open solenoid valve is that the valve body is closed when the coil is energized, the valve body is opened after the coil is powered off, and the solenoid valve in the pipeline is opened for a long time. If it is only occasionally closed, the normally open solenoid valve should be selected.
3. The characteristics of normally open solenoid valve: the solenoid valve is closed when the coil is energized, the solenoid valve is opened after the coil is powered off, the solenoid valve in the pipeline is opened for a long time, and the normally open solenoid valve should be selected when occasionally closed.
Note: Another situation is that the solenoid valve is energized for a long time to open. You can use the control module to prevent the coil of the normally closed solenoid valve from overheating and burning. Another situation is that the solenoid valve is opened for a long time and closed for a long time. A bistable solenoid valve can be used, that is, the power is turned off after the power is turned on. At this time, the valve body remains open, and the solenoid valve needs to be turned on again when it is closed.
Tags: solenoid valve
--- END ---