Gate Valves Structure FeaturesBlog,Valves Study | Oct.27.2020
Gate valves features:
- Low fluid resistance,
- Widely applicable pressure and temperature range, etc.
- Small external force required for opening and closing.
- Medium flow direction is not restricted.
- Simple body shape, and high performance casting
It is one of the most commonly used cut-off valves, used to cut off or connect the medium in the pipeline. The shrinkage of the diameter can reduce the size of the parts, reduce the force required for opening and closing, and expand the application range of the parts. But after the diameter shrinks, the fluid resistance loss increases. Domestic low-pressure gate valves generally use cast iron materials.
Cast iron gate valves often have serious problems such as freezing and cracking of the valve body and falling off of the gate. The carbon steel stem of the cast iron gate valve is easy to rust, the quality of the packing gasket is poor, and the internal and external leakage is serious. The PN10 low-pressure carbon steel gate valve produced by COVNA Valve Factory replaces the traditional iron gate valve, effectively solving the problems of the cast iron gate valve shell being easy to freeze and crack, the gate is easy to fall off, the valve stem is easy to rust, and the sealing performance is unreliable.
1. Light weight: The body is made of high-grade nodular black cast iron, and the weight is about 20%~30% lighter than the traditional gate valve. It is easy to install and maintain.
2. Overall rubber encapsulation: The gate adopts high-quality rubber for overall inner and outer rubber. European first-class rubber vulcanization technology enables the vulcanized gate to ensure accurate geometric dimensions, and the rubber and ductile cast gate can be firmly connected, which is not easy Good shedding and elastic memory.
3. Flat-bottomed gate seat: The traditional gate valve often deposits in the groove at the bottom of the valve due to foreign objects such as stones, wood, cement, iron filings, sundries, etc. after the pipe is washed with water, which is likely to cause water leakage. Phenomenon, the bottom of the elastic seat seal gate valve adopts the same flat-bottom design as the water pipe machine, which is not easy to cause debris siltation and makes the fluid flow unimpeded.
4. Precision casting valve body: The valve body adopts precision casting, and the precise geometric dimensions make the inside of the valve body without any finishing to ensure the sealing of the valve.
--- END ---